MIscellaneous Documents of Interest
The City of Barbourville's phone directory is part of towns listed in Southeastern Telephone Co.'s 1931 directory, which was donated to the museum by Trent Hall in memory of his son, Jason Hall (1978-2011).
Way back in the 1880s, John A. Black operated a general merchandise store in Barbourville, Kentucky.
One of the more intriguing organizations in Knox County's history was The Improved Order of Red Men, which was in existence in Barbourville around 1910 or earlier.
This little phone directory is filled with interesting information about Barbourville and other southeastern Kentucky towns in 1931.
This promotional booklet focuses on Dishman Springs of Knox County, Kentucky, which was in existence as early as 1912 or before.